The court placed under house arrest the director of BFT-Holding, who is being held in the case of Parshin

[ad_1]

BFT-Holding CEO Alexander Monosov, who is involved in one criminal case with Deputy Head of the Ministry of Digital Finance Maxim Parshin, was placed under house arrest until September 12, 2023. This is stated in the decision of the Basmanny District Court of Moscow (available to Vedomosti).

“In satisfying the investigator’s petition to choose a preventive measure in the form of a conclusion in relation to Alexander Naumovich Monosov, who is accused of committing a crime under Part 5 of Art. 291 of the Criminal Code of the Russian Federation, it was denied, he was chosen a measure of restraint in the form of house arrest, ”the court decision says.

As follows from the materials of the court, Parshin is charged with part 6 of Article 290 of the Criminal Code of the Russian Federation – taking a bribe by an official on an especially large scale. The maximum punishment for it is 15 years in prison, as well as a fine of up to one hundred times the amount of the bribe with deprivation of the right to hold certain positions or engage in certain activities for up to fifteen years.

Monosov is charged with Part 5 of Article 291 of the Criminal Code of the Russian Federation – giving a bribe to an official on an especially large scale (over 1 million rubles). The maximum liability for it is also 15 years in prison. But as follows from the note to the article, the person who gave the bribe “is released from criminal liability if he actively contributed to the disclosure and (or) investigation of the crime,” or if he himself was extorted by an official, or a person after committing crimes voluntarily reported bribery to law enforcement agencies.

Parshin was detained together with Monosov, an acquaintance of Parshin’s had previously confirmed to Vedomosti.

Alexander Monosov is the CEO of BFT-Holding, a Russian developer of software for the public sector. According to SPARK-Interfax, RT-Labs, a subsidiary of Rostelecom, owns 50.01% in BFT-Holding, and the remaining 49.99% belongs to Astrey Soft, the beneficiary of which through the company Budget Process is Monosov himself.

Source link

The post The court placed under house arrest the director of BFT-Holding, who is being held in the case of Parshin appeared first on Russia's News.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *